- Advertisement -
Recipe For Curd Rice
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Total Time 15 mins
- 1 cup Cooked rice
- 1.5 cups Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds optional
- 1 tbsp Grapes optional
- 2 tsp oil or ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white lentils
- 1/2 tsp chickpea lentils
- Few curry leaves
- 2 nos. red chillies
- 1.5 tsp ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp broken cashews optional
In a pan add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, lentils, red chillies and curry leaves. Saute till mustard seeds splutter. Next add chopped ginger and cashews. Saute for few seconds. Switch off and let it cool down.
In a wide bowl take yogurt and whisk it well. Add salt and mix.
Next include the tempering prepared in step 1. Add pomegranate seeds and grapes as well.
Next, mash the cooked rice well and add to the yogurt. Include milk and combine everything well. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Comforting meal curd rice is ready to serve with lemon pickle.
- Use fresh yogurt not sour one.
- Curd rice turns too thick with time, so before serving include some more whisked yogurt.
- Use milk to compensate the tang of yogurt. Otherwise the curd rice becomes too sour.