- Refind flour (Maida) 250 gm
- Pure ghee 50 gm
- Sugar 400gm
- Water 100 ml
- Milk 50 gm
- Ghee/oil to fry ghever
Method of Preparation:-
- Combine the sugar and water in a pan and simmer till it reaches a 1 string consistency.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm. Combine the flour and melted ghee in a bowl.
- Add water in a thin stream, whisking continuously but at no point should the ghee and water separate.
- The batter should be of a coating consistency. Keep the batter in a cool place away from the heat.
- Place the ghevar mould in a kadhai and pour melted ghee in it till it reaches 3/4 of the height of the mould.
- Heat the ghee on a medium flame and put in one spoonful of the batter into the mould in a thin stream. The batter should settle in the mould.
- When the froth subsides, pour in another spoonful in the centre in a thin stream.
- Increase the flame and allow it to cook in the centre by pouring ladlefuls of hot ghee in the centre of the mould 2 or 3 times.
- When the centre is firm and cooked then Deep in sugar syrup and serve at room temp.