PINDI CHANA RECIPE
1. 1 cup chickpeas ( kabuli chana)
2. 1 tea bag or 1 tbsp black tea leaves tied in a cheesecloth
3. 21/2-inch ginger, 3/4th of it shredded finely for garnish
4. 2-3 tbsp oil
5. 2 onions chopped
6. 2 tsp garlic, finely crushed
7. 2 green chilies, sliced
8. 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
9. 2 tsp ground coriander
10. 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
11. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
12. 1/2 – 1tsp red chili powder or as per taste
13. Salt To Taste
14. 1/2 tsp garam masala
15. finely chopped coriander leaves
How to make Pindi Chole:
- Soak Chole in water overnight or for about 6 hr.
- Cook the chole with salt and enough water in the cooker for about 20 minutes or till
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Finely chop the remaining ginger. Heat oil and sauté onions till golden, then add garlic
and chopped ginger and green chilies. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili powder and sauté over low heat until
the oil separates.
- Add chole, the reserved cooking liquid, salt and half of the coriander leaves.
Simmer, uncovered until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add a pinch of garam masala and serve pindi chana sprinkled with the remaining
garam masala, coriander leaves and shredded ginger.