- Advertisement -
Recipe for Sabudana Dosa
Prep Time 12 hrs
Cook Time 10 mins
Total Time 12 hrs 10 mins
- 1/2 cup Sabudana (Sago)
- 1 cup Whisked yogurt or buttermilk
- 1.5 cup Rice flour
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- Water as needed
Take sabudana in a bowl and rinse it well with enough water. Add whisked yogurt to it.
Soak it for 4 hours. The sabudana would have raised in volume. Transfer it to a mixer or wet grinder.
Grind it very finely and transfer the batter to big bowl. Add rice flour and mix well.
Include water as needed and get the it to dosa batter consistency. Cover and let it ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
After fermentation, add salt and mix well. Heat a dosa griddle and smear some oil. Pour a ladle full of batter at the center. Do not spread.
Cover and cook in medium flame for 3 minutes. You can notice porous texture as it cooks. Remove when done and serve with chutney and sambar.
Repeat the process with rest of the batter. Crispy and soft sabudana dosa is ready to serve.
- Make sure the sabudana has soaked well. Otherwise you cannot grind finely.
- Grind sabundana to very fine batter.
- Instead of using rice flour, you can soak rice and grind that too.
- Keep the batter slightly thicker than normal dosa batter.
- You can spread like normal dosa too. In that case dosa will turn very crisp.