Samakia Kheer Recipe
- Samak Rice (Indian barnyard millet) 100 gms
- Milk 1 litre
- Raisins 45 gms
- Chopped Cashew Nuts 10 gms
- Almonds 10-12 no
- Cardamom Powder 2-3 gms
- Sugar 150 gms
Method of Preparation:-
- Take a pan. Add milk and keep the stove on medium flame.
- Add cardamom powder and wait for boil.
- Once the first boil comes, keep the stove on low flame and let the milk cook for about 20 minutes. Take a separate frying pan and fry Samak rice in 1/2 cup of desi ghee for about 2 minutes on medium flame. And drain through a sieve.
- Now add rice to milk and Mix well.
- Continuously stir the kheer, to avoid burns and sticking to the pan’s bottom.
- After 20 minutes of cooking milk, switch off the stove. Add sugar and mix well.
- Add crushed almonds, cashew nuts, and raisins to kheer. Mix well.
- Samak kheer is ready to serve.