SINDHI KADHI RECIPE
1. oil- 5 tblsp
2. asafoetida (hing) a pinch
3. green chillies – to taste
4. cumin seeds – 1 tsp
5. fenugreek seeds (methi) – 1 tsp
6. gram flour (besan / chane ka atta) – 6 tblsp
7. coriander/cumin powder- 1 tsp
8. turmeric powder (hadli)- a pinch
9. mixed vegetables (carrots, ladyfinger, brinjal, drumsticks, bottle gourd)- 2 cups/200 gms
10. tamarind (imli) pulp – 2 tblsp
11. salt (namak) – to taste
12. coriander leaves (dhania patta) – 2-3 sprigs
How to make Sindhi Kadhi :
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and after a few seconds, add the chopped chilies, cumin, and fenugreek seeds.
- Allow them to stop spluttering, then add the gram flour, stirring continuously.
- Fry it, till the flour becomes brown in color and aromatic.
- Add around 5-6 cups (1 lt.) of water, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Cook on a simmering flame for at least 15- 20 minutes and then, bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the vegetables and the spices.
- Add the tamarind pulp and cook further, till the vegetables become tender.
- Add the salt and garnish with chopped coriander.