STUFFED BHINDI RECIPE
Ingredients for Stuffed Bhindi:
1. 1 pound Okra (Bhindi), washed and dried
2. 3 tbsp – oil
3. 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
4. 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
5. 2 green chilies, seeded and chopped
6. 3/4-inch ginger, finely chopped
7. A pinch of Asafetida powder
8. 1 tomato chopped
9. Stuffing :
10. 3 tsp coriander powder
11. 2 tsp turmeric powder
12. 2 tsp ground fennel (saunf)
13. 2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
14. 1/2tsp chili powder or to taste
15. Salt To Taste
Preparation of Stuffed Bhindi:
- Cut the stalk of each okra and make a lengthwise slit.
- Combine stuffing ingredients and mix well. Stuff each okra with the mixture.
- Sauté cumin with the little oil until it starts to crackle.
- Add onions, green chilies, and ginger. Sauté till onion turns transparent, then put in
asafetida and cook for a few seconds.
- Add tomato and cook until it turns pulpy.
- Add the okra and cook for 5 minutes until tender and well coated with the sauce (masala).
- Serve stuffed bhindi hot with chapati, paratha or rice.