- Advertisement -
Prepare time: 10 min
Cook: 20 min
Ready in:30 min
- 2 cup idli rice / dosa rice / sona masuri rice
- 1 cup urad dal
- ¾ cup thin poha / avalakki / aval
- oil for greasing
- In mixing bowl soak 2 cup idli rice for 5 hours.
- In bowl soak 1 cup urad dal for 3 hours.
- drain off the water from urad dal and blend to smooth paste adding water as required.
- transfer the fluffy batter of urad dal into a large bowl.
- in the blender take soaked rice and add ¾ cup of washed thin poha.
- bend to slightly coarse paste adding water as required.
- transfer the rice batter to the bowl of urad dal batter.
- mix well making sure everything is combined well.
- now cover and rest in warm place for 8-10 hours or till the batter ferments and doubles.
- after 8 hours, batter doubles indicating well fermented with air pockets present.
- add 1½ tsp salt to the batter and mix well.
- now grease the thatte idli plate with oil.
- scoop the batter into idli plate greased with oil.
- arrange the idli plate into the stand.
- steam for 20 minutes on medium flame or till a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Now thatte idlis are ready to serve along with chutney and sambar.