Tomato Onion Aviyal Recipe
- Medium-sized tomatoes – 4
- Medium-sized onions – 2
- Green chilies – according to taste
- Grated coconut (dry/fresh) – ½ cup
- Ginger – a small piece
- Curd – 4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – according to taste
For seasoning :
- Curry leaves – few
- Cooking oil -1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Cut the tomatoes and the onions into thin long pieces.
- In a vessel, heat a little oil, and fry the cut onions until they turn light brown.
- Add the cut tomatoes, salt and turmeric powder.
- Let the vegetables cook for about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, grind together, the coconut and green chilies, along with the curd into a smooth paste.
- Add this mixture to the vegetables and mix.
- Let it cook for just another minute or two and remove it from the gas.
- Season with curry leaves and mustard.
- Serve hot with rice or chapatis.